Demo submission deadline
5 June 2023
3 July 2023
31 August 2023
The demo session will provide the opportunity to see live demonstrations and prototypes of research projects, corresponding to all relevant topics of the Conference.
The live session will provide a forum for researchers from Industry and Academia to give a demonstration of their work with concrete systems, tools and prototypes. The Demo area will be open to Conference Delegates, providing unique opportunities for potential technological transfer and dissemination of research results.
Submission is open to testbed and prototypes originating from research activities and submission from collaborative work; EU research projects are especially encouraged. No demonstrations of commercial or pre-commercial products will be accepted.
The proposals should include specific sections highlighting the innovation that will be demonstrated and how the demo will be presented and illustrated interactively. Inclusion of results from the demonstration or prototype, even if at early stage, is strongly encouraged.
The main criteria for the selection of a demo are the level of innovation and how the demo is presented (live demonstrations with on-site hardware equipment are preferred. Pre-recorded videos and other material can be used as support/backup material but should not be the main technical content of the demonstration).
Demo proposals will undergo a peer review selection process, conducted by the Demo Sub Committee. The accepted proposals will be included in the conference proceedings.
For each selected demo a rectangular table, 2 chairs, a power outlet and Wi-Fi Internet connectivity (best effort) will be provided.
Writing a full paper
- Please follow the instructions as highlighted in the author information on the website.
Submitting your demo session
- Ensure you have your full paper file ready, converted into PDF file format.
- Authors wishing to participate in the demo session are invited to submit technical proposals in the standard conference proceedings style of a full paper, via the dedicated “Demo Session online submission system, by Monday 5 June 2023.
- A complete submission should not exceed 3 pages + one extra page for references.
- Questions regarding the demo session can be directed to email@example.com.
What happens next…
- Following the review of full papers, successful demo submissions will be invited to attend and present their work at ECOC 2023.
- Accepted demos are required to provide a short video which will be included on the virtual platform.
- Successful proposals must register to attend and present their work at the conference by Thursday 31 August 2023.
- If a demo presenter does not attend and present the demo, their paper will not be published.
- The IET cannot meet any travelling or subsistence expenses for authors, either prior to or during the conference.
Thank you for your submission and good luck!
Personal data will be processed by the Institution and its associated organisations for the purpose of organising your attendance at this event. It may also be used for the promotion of other IET products and services and contacting you for market research purposes. By providing us with your postal address, email address and telephone number you agree that we may contact you by these methods. You can change this preference at any time by either contacting us by post, following the link on a received email or amending your preferences if you have a MyIET online account.